Sunday, April 25, 2010

It has certainly been longer than anticipated before writing in my blog again. I have had a very busy couple of weeks. Two of my children's birthday and then a weekend in the city for a high school reunion - 35 years since leaving high school.
But I have been able to fit in most of the readings - and starting drafts of assignments 2 for both subjects. Looks like some more late nights ahead.
I have always had a great interest in Picture Books, so I have decided to write about the Junior Fiction Collection within my Library at school.
As stated previously, the school is relatively new so there were no policies in place. I will be describing collection policies in general.
When it comes to writing the Collections Policy - not to sure how much goes into it, particularly in relation to the general Library Policy.
After having a look at the different information skills, I think I will find it difficult fitting the comparisons and contrasts into the required 750 words.
The three information skills models I have decided to compare are the Information Process by the NSW Department of Education, the Big6 and Dr. Carol Kuhlthau's Information Search Process.
Evaluating the Standards will take the time - not sue to group them or write about each one individually - will check the forum and the chatline to see the opinions of others.
That's about all for now - still trying to catch up on very little sleep over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I have chosen the same 3 IL models. But am worried as I couldn't find much info about the NSW model.I hope you have caught up on some sleep - I really don't think we'll get much until Dec. I had great plans for ANZAC weekend, I wanted to get part a done. My girls had great plans also and I ended up with 6 giggling girls in my house all weekend. So not much work done, lots of late nights to come.

    ReplyDelete